Saturday, December 17, 2011

Optimism


Looks like next semester is taken care of. I’ll have lots to do in the largest format I can make and I hope to have good conversations with my colleagues and of course with the clay.

Meanwhile, applying for residencies, though most aren’t due until January. Just sent in my materials to the Shigaraki Ceramic Cultural Park in Japan, a place I’ve been interested in for a long time.

http://www.sccp.jp/e/

Probably another one of my snowball’s chances in hell but hey, might as well try!

Meanwhile, happy with my bundles of shards wrapped in chicken wire and started hanging them onto a tree in the yard. Pictures soon.

Oh and I’ve been doing some painting the past few days. If art is my occupation this year why not play with paint too? Here’s a painting I made a few years ago. One of the few I took a picture of.

Diptych

and a collage from last year…

Kodachrome Collage

No comments:

Post a Comment