Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Back to the Studio


The long imposed break is finished and today I ride my bike back to school. The studio is open again and I’ll check in, either before or after my lecture and lab on Environmental Science, which begins the new semester.

I’m looking forward to finishing a couple of big pieces I pulled out of the kiln just before the studio closed in December. Both sculptures are a new direction for me, more in the spirit of what I’m hoping to accomplish in the upcoming months, and I’m very excited.

My son Ben’s girlfriend Molly asked me to make a sculptural piece for her sister’s wedding in May. They want to use it for a candle lighting ceremony and I’m excited that I’ll be able to contribute.

As a bit of an exchange Molly offered to rent a zipcar and drive me down to Standard Clay in Braintree, where we’ll pick up the 500 pounds of clay I hope to make into sculpture this semester. Sounds like fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment