Monday, February 6, 2012

Wrestling

I'm supposed to be doing my annual report but I wanted to share my newest work with you instead. This is a very thick hand-squeezed piece that weighs about 35-40 pounds. It's coming to be called "Wrestling."

Wrestling

I think it does show some kind of struggle of maybe two people, maybe one. From an autobiographical perspective it doesn't matter because I'm a gemini.

Wrestling

Initially I shaped this in pretty much the position it's in. I stood it up then, painted it with oil paints, and "slept" on it over winter break. It's still a work in progress. I applied a layer of wax today and we'll see where we go once that gets a bit drier.

Entanglement

I like the way the linear shapes engage one another, and the way they seem to disguise themselves as chunks. It's a good example I think of the way life seems to get breathed into the clay. What do you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment